Debate 2/9/13

Debate was....tiring. It was also fun though :). What sucks is I got cheated out of a award or two! So, there are four debate rounds in each day, but for some reason, mine and Caleb's last round didn't get counted in the scores! I think it was because out of everyone in the fourth round, we got done last. That was technically the judge's fault though, because he was a good 10-20 minutes late! So, he didn't get his ballot in until late, and the people calculating our scores didn't catch it, so, our scores for the last round weren't counted, and me and Caleb both didn't get awards that we were supposed to. I would've got seventh speaker, and Caleb would've got 8th or 9th. The only redeemable thing about it is, I got higher speaker points then Caleb, and I can hold it over him for a long time ;-). We only won 2 out of the 4 rounds, but we *should* have won 3. Everyone else who watched our 2nd debate thought we should've won. Our first debate round was more debatable on who won, but the only reason that the Negative team won is because they had a Disadvantage...but they didn't have ANY evidence for their disadvantage  and we had LOTS of evidence for our advantages and for our entire case. Oh well, we can just hope and pray that mistakes like these don't happen at the Tournament in April!

Below is a picture of all the debaters (Not including Jonathan because he decided to go and do something else, and no one noticed he was missing until AFTER the pictures were all done :P). It's not very high quality,  but it's one of the best ones my little sister took :P.




Comments

  1. Hey Bek! Nice to see more posts. :) That's rotten about the awards. :P I think I would be really mad. But then...I'm like that.
    Am I crazy, or is that Elisha Porter second from the left in the picture? It's sort of fuzzy so I'm not quite sure but it looks a lot like him. LOL!

    ~Mercy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts