Josh Eddy

I didn't know him. Actually, I didn't even know about him until a month after he died, but his story has changed mine. A year ago today, Josh Eddy's life came to a sudden end when he fell into a river. No one was expecting it. He and some friends were hiking up at Rainie Falls, he was trying to take a picture, when he slipped into the icy river. I try to imagine what it would be like to watch one of my best friends drown. I shrink at the very thought. Today, a year after Josh's earthly life came to an end, must be a incredibly hard day for so many who knew him. I've been praying for those who were closest to him all day, those who were with him the day that he died, those that only came in contact with him a few times, I can't imagine the pain that they all must feel. I feel badly enough about it, and I didn't even know him. At the same time though, I am so incredibly happy for Josh, he's with his Savior now, living in complete and utter joy! I pray that despite all the pain in missing Josh his family and friends feel, they can appreciate how much joy he has come into after his earthly journey was over.

I said that Josh's story has changed mine. Let me explain that a little: I first became aware of Josh's story a month or two after he left this earth. A friend had written a blog post in which he was mentioned. I watched his memorial service, I cried. His sister wrote the lyrics to a song that made me weep. The words his family said about him brought on more tears. Josh had a love for God and others that was so intense, his legacy has continued to live on. Josh's influence on others in the things of God has continued. Reading his blog was like having thunderbolts going through my soul. Josh's love for God, life, and others has inspired me, among many others I am sure. My life is by no means perfect, in fact I often feel like it's not worth living. Josh has helped me to realize that life is about so much more than MY circumstances. No matter what things I may go through, I can always be joyful in the Lord. I can always help others. I can always live for God. God can use me to help others through what hard things they are going through. God has used Josh even after his earthly death. I cannot say for sure, but I think that perhaps, Josh has influenced even more people after his death than in life. I don't know if I would have ever known about him, or read his inspiring blog posts had he not been taken from this world. I know that through Josh's death, God has used him to influence me.

My condolences to all who knew him, my prayers are with you.

I would encourage all who read this to watch his memorial service, and read his blog. Links are below.

His blog: http://joshyeddy.blogspot.com/

His memorial service (service begins 15 minutes in): http://joshuaeddymemorial.com/

Comments

Popular Posts