Thoughts

You know, if I died today, what would people remember about me? What have I done that is exceptional in anyway? Nothing. So far my life has been a rather wasted piece of work I'd say. Sure, hasn't even been two full years since I accepted Christ as my Savior, that does not give me any excuse to not be living each day to the glory of God. I'm sure that many would have kind things to say about me, but that's true of just about everyone. I don't believe I've ever done anything actually worth remembering. Nothing. How empty is my life? I'm always rushing from one thing to the next, but do those things truly have any meaning? I'm officially tired of the superficiality of everything. What is it with so many christians not building, or challenging each other? Why don't we? Because we're too lazy. What ki9nd of excuse is that? Do we really want to stand before God one day, giving the excuse that we just didn't feel like it that day? De we want to stand before the creator of all the universe, who died to save us from our sins, and use laziness as a reason we did not reach out to the people around us?
"I'm too busy"
"I'm too tired"
"But I want to do this instead"
"I'm watching a movie right now"
Snap out of it people! The society we live in is falling apart all around us, and we're just "too busy" to do anything about it! Why so many complacent christians?
"But it makes me feel awkward"
Not to disrespect you or something, but is your personal comfort MORE important that the eternal living soul of the person you just passed on the sidewalk? I'm completely guilty of this, but I am challenging myself, and you to step out of your comfort zone, and go and talk to people about God, and their eternal state. Let's get our priorities straight people! Go minister to God's people, go preach the gospel to the unsaved.

Comments

  1. Bekah,
    I can say some things you say have gotten me thinking about how I live my life. And some things that have kept me going through my days. You can say stuff that challenges me even if you don't realize it. I love reading your posts. And I love hanging out with you! If you died I would cry for days on end. You have made an impact in my life! And I can always count on you for a smile or laugh when I need it most. And thats one of the thing I love about you. Another is that you do challenge me :) I love the faith you have and that you're NOT afraid to share it! I wish I had the courage you have!
    Thank you so much for making these posts! I always look forward to reading them!
    ~Stripes <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stripy,

    Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so blessed to have a friend like you! I'm humbled that God could actually work through me in your life :).

    I am actually afraid to share my faith. I'm scared every single time...but I've been overcoming that fear. That's what courage is: it's not the lack of fear, but the overcoming of fear.

    Keep going, dear! Always rely on God in the hard times, and in the good, praise Him for His goodness :)
    Love,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts