#summerbucketlist♥ ~ 1: Make a New Friend (Selfie!!!)

As a lot of y'all know, my best friend Brianne was visiting from Texas for part of this summer -- WHICH IS SO AWESOME I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU!!! She left on the 9th... *cries*

HOW WE MET: Anyways, that's not exactly what this post is about. I brought Brianne up because while she was here, I was going to the Rays house for a sleepover with Brianne and a few other girls the Tuesday-Wednesday before the 4th (yayyy!!!), we were all super-duper excited to just be awesome together and stuff. But, after Ultimate Frisbee (which is where we all were getting together to carpool over to the Rays), we found out that the Ray family had a couple guests that were coming over for the 4th, who ended up having to come a few days early... I'll admit that I was kinda apprehensive.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm a people person (except for the days where I just need to re-charge and not be around people any more ;) ), but I mean, this was supposed to be a pretty intimate sleepover among close friends. Well, turns out that these extra friends were guys, so that was a relief to me, because I was thinking "Oh, they'll probably not even want to hang out with all of us giggling girls anyways!". (In case you're wondering, I feel semi-terrible about this attitude of mine now).
Well, that theory got destroyed because we obviously were all hanging together over dinner. It was a little awkward at first... until Mrs. Ray accidentally used fermented grape-juice in the smoothies she made us, so basically we all were laughing our heads off and teasing her that she'd "spiked the smoothie!" Talk about an ice-breaker ;)

NOW WE'RE FRIENDS!!!: Eventually all us young people elected to take a laptop out to the field and watch a movie (us girls were sleeping out there because the chances of us being quiet inside were approximately zero and Dr. Ray needed to sleep, lol). I'm not sure that we actually watched much of the movie, instead we spent the time star-tipping, eating candy, and throwing the candy wrappers at eachother :P
Well, after the guys headed in, Brianne found Aaron's sweatshirt (Aaron is the guy in the first picture wearing purple :) ) and seeing as she needed a pillow, she decided that it would do. When we woke up the next morning, and crawled out of our warm cocoon of blankets (after Kezia and I taking  the featured selfie to the left) I was approximately freezing cold, and since we were cleaning up the blankets and tarp before we went inside for breakfast, I put on the hoodie on to keep myself warmer. It was kind of funny, because Aaron is almost a full foot taller than I am, the hoodie was wwwaaaayyyyy too big (but omw, SO COMFORTABLE) ... well, seeing all the leftover candy wrappers left everywhere from the nights wrapper wars, we had this idea of a grand finale of sorts: I would put all of the candy wrappers into the pocket on the front pocket of the sweatshirt, and at some point during the morning would just shower them all over Aaron (the reason it was just Aaron was because Devin [the guy in the second picture] had fallen asleep before any of that fun began).
It worked perfectly too! Aaron was lagit surprised when all the sudden I threw two handfuls of little pieces of plastic at his face while we were talking :P

So much random stuff happened while we were there! We walked a round trip of 4 miles to go to Starbucks, went to the farmer's market, squished 8 people into a 5 passenger car (not something I suggest, though, it was a ton of fun :P), got a flat tire (that I watched in wonder as Aaron and Devin switched it out for the spare -- sooo glad that they were with us when that happened!)!
Anyways, long story short: I'm glad to now be able to call these two guys my friends :) Oh, not to mention the fact that I got to make TWO new friends! That's pretty epic :)

P.s. So, yeah. I suck at keeping up on posts. I've gotten like half of my summer list done, and this is the first post I've made about it! Ah! Not to mention all the OTHER awesome stuff I've been doing and need to write about o.O Well, I know one thing I've 100% failed at: posting once a week. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have expected so much from myself :P Anyways, I'd tell you to expect a lot of posts coming up, but knowing me, I'll jinx it happening by saying so, lol.

Comments

  1. Hahaha! That was a pretty unique (but AWESOME) week!! :D:D ♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts